Fiesta Bowl vs. Washington PreGame Thread

Crowbar

Re: Fiesta Bowl vs. Washington PreGame Thread

Postby Crowbar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Like I mentioned I too was at the 1997 Fiesta Bowl. It was a fantastic experience. If you haven't been to a bowl game yet, you should try to go. I think all college football fans should make a pilgrimage to a bowl game at some point in their lives, if you're able.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:21 am

I saw both PSU-Auburn bowl games in Fla. The first one (New Years '96) Bobby Engram dazzled in a monsoon. My wife still complains to people how I made us stay well into the fourth quarter. The second one (New Years '03) was the worst PSU offensive performance in a bowl game, ever. Awful game.

This game I think has been made tougher with the loss of Moorhead...that edge you need against an equally good team might be missing on offense. I hate to say it, but if I was a betting man today I'd take UW and the points.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:41 pm

I almost forgot my quintessential lowlife bowl trip to PSU-Alabama, New Years Eve 1975. A high school buddy and I threw some stuff into his '62 Rambler station wagon and set out from PA for New Orleans with sleeping bags, sandwiches and a gallon of motor oil. After the game (and some crazy hours on Bourbon St) we went back to the car only to realize that the lot was fenced in and locked tight so we had to hang with the street bums until dawn. Gone four days without bathing I walked into the house and my dad asked how I was able to squeeze in shifts in a coal mine while attending the Sugar Bowl. Good times. :)

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Got to see Joes last Bowl victory down at the Cap One bowl in south FL, Jan 1. 2010. It was a rainy, nasty day, but the good guys won, so I was happy.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:00 pm

A high school buddy and I threw some stuff into his '62 Rambler station wagon and set out from PA for New Orleans with sleeping bags, sandwiches and a gallon of motor oil.

And it was dark out, and you were wearing sun glasses.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Hit it.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:09 am

Is anyone here going to the game? If it was in Tempe, I would consider, but the Glendale farm huts are a bit fringe for me. I think there is a paved road that way - but I can not say for certain. Someone told me that before a Cardinals games they enjoyed a Shoot a Chicken Skill Booth and the Cow Teat Target Competition was engaging for the kids. So - could be fun.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:15 am

Isn't it like a 30 minute drive? How could you not go when it's so close?