OSU thread

Blue&White

OSU thread

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 am

Since we no longer seem to do a pre-game and in-game thread, just giving this a generic title.

Anyway, OSU this weekend. I predict the two teams combine for 85 points and 1,000 total yards. Beyond that .... don't know.
Is it baseball season yet?

Crowbar

Re: OSU thread

Postby Crowbar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:24 am

As long as PSU scores at least 43 out of the 85 points I'll be happy.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:30 am

You're right, it certainly has the potential to be a track meet for sure. But, and I think this is the big mystery, is the PSU offensive line. They really are pretty decent and have gotten better every week. The OSU DL (without Bosa) is very good but they're not Alabama. Anyway, I'm thinking some ball control might have to be part of PSU's plan. Establish a running game to limit OSU's touches. It could happen. Sanders is a big powerful back and one thing I like better than Barkley is that he rarely gets tackled for a loss. He'll put his head down and get 3 yards when that's all there is. Could be a key.

The LBs have been a big disappointment. Farmer is often out of position, Parsons is still learning to play LB and runs himself out of plays a lot. Gotta figure out a way to plug some holes at scrimmage. It's the plays up the middle that scare me the most; this team is fast enough to run down a lot of outside stuff. And the other thing is Haskins has to feel some pressure. He seriously hasn't seen any yet this season. That guy is super accurate so if he gets time he is lights out. The crowd really could be a factor here. This will be his first big road test. The TCU game was a neutral location and was a majority OSU fans. Win or lose I'm looking forward to this game. Also looking forward to all the great signs that we're going to see on the Game Day set in reference to Urban Meyer.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:02 pm

OSU has more of "margin of error" here than PSU - so Penn State will need to minimize their errors (penalties, TOs, dropped passes) and get some errors from OSU that show up on the scoreboard (missed FGs, key TOs). Another stat to watch will be special teams ability to create field position - need TBs on kick offs and solid punting / punt coverage by PSU. A bonus would picking 30-40 yards in PRs and 25-50 in KRs. Penn State needs to win the net yardage on changes of possession.

And of course a blocked kick returned for a TD for nostaglia's sake wouldn't hurt. :D
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:28 pm

I have no prediction to make here. My heart says victory, my head says an angry Urban legend is going to show up with his team ready.

I think we're a year away from real contention. I hope I am wrong.

:(
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

tempe

Postby tempe » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 pm

we need two second halves to win this game. If State gets behind or just generally plays the first half like they have been - we are toast. This game needs to be won from the beginning.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 pm

I don't see how we overcome the Linebacker play. Need some breaks and we also need to score a lot, guess that is a way :lol:

But it is college football, VTech got beat by Old Dominion. TN gave a game to FL.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:09 am

Everyone expects a high scoring track meet. Of course, this means the opposite will happen.

What the hell. I'll go with Penn State in an "upset."

Penn State 20, Ohio State 17.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

psuro

Postby psuro » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:50 am

Not sure I feel confident in this one. Regardless of home field, I think Haskins will be difficult for the defense to stop.

Hate to say it but

OSU 35
PSU 21

Hope I am wrong.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:01 pm

We have been rusty the first quarter of games because I don't think we wanted to show all of our plays. This is where the playbook comes wife open!! You guys won't say it but I will say it. We are going to take down OSU in a big way. It is going to be close and the fans are going to be frothing at the mouth. This is our house and no one comes into our house and beats us. We are going to run the ball down their throats. Just when you think we are going to run it again, play action, deep ball to Thomkins!!! Trace is going to run here, throw there, and fling a ball down field for a solid game which throws his name back into the Heisman hunt. S To The 2nd Power, Slade and Sanders, will have a scintillating game where they run all over this defense to slow down the clock as someone earlier pointed out.

I think our Dline is getting better. They are very young and hopefully they're figuring out the rotations. Dline will have 3 sacks with a fumble that gets taken to the house! This games is about our linebacking core. I would call a meeting only for linebackers and lay everything out on the line for them. They are HUGE in this game. Fire this crew up and turn them into a band of brothers! They have struggled a bit but no will care how they played the last 3 games as long as they pull out a win against OSU. Our secondary has been half decent too. If our LB can play a good game our secondary can play coverage, hit chumpsters, and intercept 2 balls.

I cannot wait for this game!! I have been looking forward to this since we fell apart in Columbus last year. This is where our National Championship run kicks off!!!

Bad guys 28
Good guys 31- We score a late TD and have to hold OSU. LB's pressure Haskins who throws a pick! Game over and I party like it is 1999!