Maryland thread

Blue&White

Maryland thread

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Here's my take: we finish 9 - 3 and get a NYD bowl.

I predict this is closer than it needs to be but not nearly the stressful experience that it was for OSU.
Is it baseball season yet?

Shore Lion

Re: Maryland thread

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm

I wouldn't count Maryland out. They've been dealing with an awful lot this season and yet still have a chance to get to a bowl which would be a huge deal for them. I know the OSU game had to be an emotional loss but that team seems to get over stuff. And like I keep saying, Maryland HATES PSU so they will definitely be up for this game. Being Thanksgiving weekend you know the students won't be there en mass. McFarland is a pretty incredible runner and it's not exactly like PSU has stuffed the run against good running teams. Now that Maryland is starting Pigrome (something they should have done almost from day 1) they have a real running threat at QB too which is not a good matchup for PSU. The offense just has to get on track and get some points early. Hopefully being Senior Day that will help since like I said, the stadium won't be full and it's going to be cold.

All that said I think PSU should win this one. And PSU is now back in the mix for one of the New Year's 6 bowl games with WVU losing last week. Finish 9-3 and there's a good chance for the Fiesta or Peach Bowls. That wouldn't be such a bad thing.

psuro

Postby psuro » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 pm

They beat Texas, and looked good doing so.

They lost to Temple, Indiana and looked bad doing so.

They lost to Michigan and played them better than we did, and they lost to Ohio State and should have won the game, even before overtime.

I don't think you know what you will get with Maryland. If they play to the perceived level of their opponents, they will rise to the challenge. I still think PSU wins, because PSU has more talent.

PSU-31
Maryland - 17

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 pm

I am thinking along the same lines as ro. Close game until PSU gets a late TD to put the Twerps away.

Penn State 28, Maryland 14.

PSU though will just miss out on a NY6 bowl. I think they land in the Citrus Bowl.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 am

I'd like to hope for a comfortable finish to a game but that just ain't the way this season has been playing out. Nothing is really going to script. You could actually make an argument that the best QB we saw all year was Thomas from App State (check his stats - he's had a very good year) and the team we shellacked - Pitt - will play in the ACC championship game.

So here is what I am hoping for:

Decent weather - the fans have endured monsoons (Pitt), unseasonably cold weather and extreme winds - so let's hope for a sunny, mild Saturday with no wind.

We burned Dotson's shirt so let's see him get a TD.

TDs for graduating senior DeAndre Thompkins and a TO for a TD for Nick Scott.

A 50+ yarder Jake Pinegar to end the half (if he's kicking a 50+ yarder at the end of game my ticker won't take it)

A rushing and a passing TD, no dropped passes, no hits to the knee and a few more swings and watching it fly for Trace McSorely, The guy just kept on fighting no matter what.

For us fans - the realization when we look on the field of how many true and redshirt freshman saw significant playing time and that probably won't happen the next couple years - Penn State is reaching the point of roster depth and reload vs rebuild.

And Shore has made the point of how much Marylanders hate PSU - well right back at them - with the Orioles stinking and Shore moving the Florida what is there to like about Maryland anyway? Crabcakes? Big deal.

PSU 37 Maryland 34
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:13 am

Awww man, don't be hating on my state. Crabcakes ARE a big deal. And I'm moving to South Carolina, not Florida.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:30 am

I love crabcakes! And, Baltimore is a nice city.

But, screw University of Maryland.
Is it baseball season yet?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 am

I'm fine with that.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:46 am

Crabcakes? Big deal.

I have to go with Shore on that one. Crab cakes are kind of a big deal.

But, screw University of Maryland.

Back in the day, Penn State and Maryland were my son's #1`and #2 choices. I was secretly rooting for Maryland because it wasn't in the middle of friggin nowhere. I could get on a plane and be there in an hour.
Klaatu barada nikto

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:24 am

Yes, but it IS in the middle of PG County. So 'nuff said.